Thursday, January 5, 2017

17 Weeks With Baby M #2


Man oh man. It's true what they say about second babies... With Sawyer I was blogging about my pregnancy weekly, making a weekly chalkboard, and journaling. With this baby I have journaled a couple of times and have managed to take 3 whole pictures. Go me!

I'm just going to blame it on the fact that this time around I have a toddler who is taking up a lot of time, and also that I started a new job this school year that has definitely kept me busy!

So let me update you so far on my pregnancy and on Baby M #2!

We found out we were pregnant on Father's Day. I had an inkling that maybe it was a possibility and I took a test early in the morning when Sawyer had woken up and I had decided to do the nice thing and let Justin sleep in on his day. I took the test with Sawyer running into the bathroom and yelling "potty!"and handing me toilet paper, and let it develop while Sawyer and I made a tower of blocks in his room. Such is the life with a toddler!

I wish someone would have been able to take a picture of me when I saw that positive test. As Sawyer's tower came crashing down and he shrieked and giggled my face was saying, whoa. There's going to be two of them! Hahaha! I think about that more and more these days, especially as Sawyer does something crazy like draw all over my walls (thank goodness it was just with chalk) or dumps out every bin of carefully organized toys into his room all at once. But even with all of the craziness that is our life, we are beyond excited about this little nugget growing inside of me!





How far along: 17 Weeks
Baby is the size of: A pomegranate (or onion depending on the app)
Gender: We don't know yet! We'll be finding out on the 27th! I think it's a girl. Justin thinks hopes for a boy!
Weight Gain: Only about 3 pounds so far! But if I'm being honest I'm still about 15 pounds from where I was before Sawyer... But we'll ignore that for now and go back to Only about 3 pounds so far! ;)
Maternity Clothes: Yes. No shame. I basically got them out as soon as possible. Why would anyone want to wear regular pants when you could wear something with an elastic waistband?!
Stretch Marks: Not yet
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: I'm getting up a few time in the night to pee, but I'm always so tired I fall asleep almost immediately. 
Miss Anything: Alcohol. I've had some stressful work days where I come home and really wish I could have a glass (or two) of wine! 
Movement: Perhaps. There have been a few times I have thought that I have felt something but nothing definite.
Cravings/Aversions: This pregnancy has been super weird in this department. I am usually a huge sweets person but I am not wanting anything sweet! And no serious cravings yet! 
Queasy or sick: My fist trimester I felt sick basically the whole time. No throwing up but I felt pretty terrible. Now I am feeling a lot better but I have to be careful about what I eat and not eating too much or I just feel terrible. Also this time around my gag reflex is way more sensitive. I am gagging all over the place for no real reason! SO weird.
Looking forward to: Next Tuesday when we find out the sex!! 

Hopefully I'm more on top of things and I update you guys again soon! Send positive vibes my way! :)


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about that the other day - I'm 39 weeks pregnant and was contemplating how if we have another baby, I will not feel like going as bonkers with the documenting. I've been taking so many pictures this first time! I put on maternity pants at around 12 weeks, because feeling bloated makes stretchy pants really comfy. Congrats and can't wait to find out the sex!

    ReplyDelete