Thursday, July 16, 2015

Camping is in tents!

Well, we made it! We survived our first camping trip with a little one, and it was a blast. We went camping in Montana, at the Yaak River Campground. We had never been there before but my father in law told us about it and we loved it! It was a great little spot for us.

Sawyer did pretty good all in all. The main issue for him was that he wants to eat everything! Every single thing that kid touches goes straight into his mouth. So I had envisioned letting him explore and get messy and play in the dirt, which I normally try to avoid, but when he tried to start eating pinecones and rocks we had to put the kibosh on that. So he spent most of his time in the ergo, in the stroller, or in his kiddie pool. I didn't catch a picture of it but I am so glad we brought the kiddie pool last minute. We put it on a tarp and let him crawl around in it with just his toys (no water) and it was perfect. It gave him an opportunity to be put down and to play a little on his own without me worrying about him getting into something.

         







It was also a little bit hard for him to go to sleep in the tent. So we took a couple naps in the stroller, a couple of naps with dad, and it all worked out.


I also brought a lot of his supplies in a mini rubber made tote so that I could use the tote as a bathtub. I am so happy that I did this. It was so nice to be able to put him to bed clean each night, and the bath is seriously his favorite part of the day!

Our campsite was right on the river so those brave enough ventured into the cold water! It was a great place for Doodle and Remmy to play, the guys were able to get in some fishing, and I even caught a frog!






It was such a fun couple of days! We can't wait to do it again! Hope you're all having a wonderful week! I'll just be over here doing mountains of camping laundry! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment