Friday, March 21, 2014

High Five for 5 Things Friday

It's Friday. Can I get an amen?!

It's been a long week for me. A week filled with report cards, naughty children, a fridge that didn't get replenished with a grocery trip like it should have, not enough hours in the day, and for sure for sure for sure not enough hours to sleep at night.

With all of that being said… Here's 5 things you should know. (Or maybe just 5 things I feel like telling you all).

1. I just realized that I never reviewed Fire for you all! I mean my book reviews are not my most popular posts, so I'm sure no one is particularly saddened by this news. But I like keeping track of what I've read, and adding to my 30 Before 30 list. So here you go… wanted or not.

Amazon's Description: It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her. Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don't need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you haven't, you'll be dying to read it next.



This is the last book of the Graceling realm for me to read. I read them out of order as this one was actually published second, but it didn't ruin anything. I think you could read them any which way and still enjoy them all. Well… read Graceling first. But if you are into young adult fantasy books… (how dorky does that make me sound?) you should definitely read them and tell me what you think!

2. I've received my second Birchbox! I like this one a lot better than my first. This one has a delicious smelling shampoo, lotion, a lip balm, a bb cream, and an awesome exfoliator. All things that I will use!

3. A little while ago I won a $25 gift card to danaleighapparel.com from an instagram giveaway! My second giveaway win! I used it to buy some super cute items!




If you haven't checked them out before you definitely should!

4. Big news! We MIGHT be moving. I don't want to jinx anything… but we got an offer, we approved it and now we are waiting on the banks! Our temporary plan is to pay off our debt and move in with my in-laws to save some major moolah. With that being said my weekend is going to consist of packing. Again, I don't want to jinx anything, but we know we are going to be moving eventually, even if this particular offer doesn't work out. So we might as well start packing up our guest room and office. Justin already got a storage unit too. Things are really progressing quickly. Here's to this (or Justin getting the storage unit) not jinxing it!

5. Cliff hanger. I'm not planning on posting a weekend recap, like I said… I'm planning on packing this weekend I doubt you guys want some of that. BUT I have a major post going up on Tuesday that I am super stoked about so please make sure to check in for that!!

Have a good weekend you all! See you Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. I love the Graceling/Fire world- all of the books are fantastic! I can't wait until another one comes it, if that is actually happening. Glad to meet someone who enjoys the same series!

    -Rebekah @ Blue Giraffes and Concrete Jungles

    ReplyDelete