Sunday, December 8, 2013

Long Time No See... Or Read

It's been awhile! My life has been a little upside down this last week.

On Tuesday my dad had a much needed surgery. I spent most of the week in the hospital with him helping him to recover.

I need to thank everyone who has been so supportive, with their kind words, prayers, texts, and everyone at work who let me take off so much time to be at the hospital.

He is now home from the hospital and recovering. I am so proud of my dad for doing this surgery, and thankful. He was incredibly brave and I know my siblings and I are one of the big reasons he decided to go ahead and have it. Dad, I love you so much, and am so thankful for you.

While I did spend most of my week at the hospital... I also got to attend a fun Favorite Things party on Saturday night! It was so great and a prefect way to relax and have a little fun after a stressful week.

Our host went all out with so many cute chalkboard details and some delicious drinks!








If you are unfamiliar with a favorite things party... Each person brings three of their favorite something. (I brought three tubes of my favorite ever mascara... Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced.) You draw three people's names and take home one of their favorite things. It's pretty great.

I came home with these goodies:

Penzeys spices, Wildtree Zesty Lemon Grapeseed Oil, Cool Gear Tumbler, and cute framed quote from the host! 

I had such a great time with some wonderful ladies. Thanks Jenn for such a wonderful party! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment