Monday, June 9, 2014

The Giver

I know most people read this when theyre in like 8th grade or something, but I somehow missed that. Anyway, when I saw a preview for it I knew I needed to read the book pronto. There's something about knowing a book is going to be made into a movie that just makes me HAVE to read it. That's also why The Maze Runner is on my list to read soon.


It's a pretty famous book. But in case you dont know what it's about, here's Amazon's review:

Jonas lives in a "perfect" world where war, disease, and suffering have all been eradicated. Everything is in order; everything is under control. The people have no worries or cares. The Community strives for "sameness," in which everyone and everything are the same and equal. To help the Community function as a cohesive unit, each member is assigned a position in society. When Jonas turns twelve, the Community selects him to be the new "Receiver of Memories." Only the "Giver" knows the truth and memories of the past, and now he must pass these memories on to Jonas.

I thyought it was good, and a super quick read. If youre into reading books before you see the movie, this will defiitely not take you very long to get through. It was also a lot deeper and a littlwe bit creepier than I expected it to be, knowing that it's a book most people read in their middle school years.

And here's the movie trailer, with quite a few A-list stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment