Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, and 38 Weeks

I'm Yesterday was the first official day of fall. Yay yay yay!! Fall is by far the best season and I have been looking forward to it more than ever this year due to the arrival of my little nugget.

It also just so happens that my baby app informed me that this week Baby M is the size of a pumpkin! How perfect is that?! I'm skipping the stats this week because basically everything is the same as last week,  but here's a picture anyway for your enjoyment. And for documentation purposes.


So in honor of fall, and of the size of Baby M, I am going to share an amazing recipe with you all. Last year a coworker gave me this recipe and it has become one of my favorites, for all year round, but especially during fall. Be careful though… you can't just have one!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 c sugar
  • 1 16oz can of pumpkin (All of the stores in my grocery stores around me only sell 15 oz cans. Don't ask me why. But thats what I use, and it works just fine.)
  • 1 c vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 c oil
  • 3 c flour
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 2 c chocolate chip cookies
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, yogurt, and oil and mix well.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix into pumpkin mixture.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Let cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes.
7. Enjoy 1 or 2 or a million.




1 comment: