Monday, September 16, 2013

Recent Life Happenings and a Little Brain Vomit

Whoa you all. It has been too long. I'm going to get better at this blogging and working thing... I promise.

I've been pretty busy with work but also with some super fun things.

Thursday Doodle got a hair cut. You guys... this is something we do because it is necessary. Not something we do because we think he looks good this way... He grows out in a few weeks and looks super cute again. I promise.

before
after
So sad. 
Shadow also got a haircut. Yes, we give our cat a haircut, and yes she loves it. Bible.



Boots with the fur...
Also on Thursday my MIL and I went to a Bachelorette dinner for our yoga instructor and friend. It was at The Wine Cellar which is a really cool restaurant in downtown Coeur d'Alene. We had the top floor to ourselves and we had such a blast.


While at dinner we all went around and gave the bride-to-be our best piece of marriage advice. It was so great to be able to give advice as a married woman!! But also so nice to hear advice for myself as well! Some key notes... Pray. Pray with your husband, pray for your husband, pray for patience, and love, and just pray. Also remember how you felt on your wedding day and all of the reasons you got married and love your husband. Also, keep that fire alive!

Friday Justin and I decided to have a night staying in, just us two. We made eggplant parmesan for dinner, yum. And when I say we I actually mean Justin made it and I read him the recipe. We also watched some of our favorite TV shows... including about 5 episodes of The League. Do you guys watch this? Oh my goodness I think it's so funny. It's definitely kind of a man show and can sometimes be a little bit raunchy but if your man wants to watch it, give in. You'll get points for letting him pick the TV show, and its actually really funny. And it's on Netflix! Win.


On Saturday my MIL and I had a total girls day. We went to yoga in the morning and then spent the day sipping wine and getting ready for a wedding that night. The wedding was at a church at Gonzaga University and was so amazing.

It was such a beautiful and fun night spent with good people having such a great time and celebrating a great couple.

Sunday was spent recovering, and thats about it. Oh, and mourning the Niners loss.

I don't want to talk about it.

In other news it's 100 days away from Christmas today so that's great. I almost want to make one of those paper count down chains but I'll hold back... at least until after Thanksgiving.

Also, as much as I love fall... it was dark tonight when I got out of yoga. At 7:45. This is the first time this has happened and it made me a little sad. But then the new Miley song was on the radio and that made it a little better. Speaking of... I'm loving that song, but why do her videos have to be so weird?! Miley... why do you have to lick random things and have your tongue out all the time?


When did this become a thing? I don't like it.


Well that's all for now... enough brain vomit for one night.

Happy Monday loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment