Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bitterblue

I finished another book over the weekend. I feel like I am just a reading machine lately! That makes 6 on the 30 Before 30 list!


Bitterblue is a book written by Kristen Cashore. She has written Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue (published in that order). They call them companion novels. They go together, include some of the same characters but can be read alone. Although Bitterblue was the third one written,  I read it second, after Graceling. But not to worry, I have already started Fire.

So far I think I like the order I chose, but the jury is still out. I'll let you know.

So full disclosure... these books are young adult fantasy. If that is your cup of tea, you need to read them. They are easy reads that are fast paced and addicting. Once I start them I seriously cannot put them down.

Here's Amazon's description of Graceling: Kristin Cashore’s bestselling, award-winning fantasy Graceling tells the story of the vulnerable-yet-strong Katsa, a smart, beautiful teenager who lives in a world where selected people are given a Grace, a special talent that can be anything from dancing to swimming. Katsa’s is killing. As the king’s niece, she is forced to use her extreme skills as his thug. Along the way, Katsa must learn to decipher the true nature of her Grace… and how to put it to good use. A thrilling, action-packed fantasy adventure (and steamy romance!) that will resonate deeply with adolescents trying to find their way in the world. 

And Amazon's description of Bitterblue (Which doesn't do it justice): When Queen Bitterblue took the throne of Monsea, she was a child, and her advisers ran the kngdom for her. Now she is beginning to question their decisions, especially how they handle the legacy of her father Leck, who who ruled through his Grace—a special talent for mind-altering—and his taste for darkness and violence. Bitterblue needs to know Monsea’s past to lead it into the future, so she begins exploring the city sreets at night, disguised and alone. As she does, she meets two thieves, who hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart.

I convinced Justin that he should make dinner last night when it was my night so that I could have that extra 45 minutes to read. I'm terrible I know.

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment