Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ama and Doppy's 50th Anniversary

I was lucky enough to live in the same town as my Ama and Doppy (Grandma and Grandpa) while in high school and part of college. Once my mom and stepdad and sisters moved to Tacoma I spent a lot of holidays, weekend, and school breaks with my Ama and Doppy.

I even got to bring some friends up from school every now and then, which was always a treat. They always go all out for everything. Drinks, appetizers, dinner, desserts, every time. My grandpa is always bringing home flowers, my grandma is always fixing up little snacks and treats for my grandpa. They are so loving and always doting on each other and so sweet. I always told my friends that if I could find a man who treated me half as well as my Doppy treats my Ama, that I would be a lucky lady. And of course I did! =)

But being able to spend time with my Ama and Doppy this weekend to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary was so special and really showed me what Justin and I have to look forward to. I am so excited for the next 50 years with him. Hopefully at our 50 year party we will have half as many friends and family to celebrate with. All with amazing stories and memories and laughter and (happy) tears and champagne!



Thank you Pinterest.



Cake.


Alcohol.
The essentials. =)










The happy couple!



Cutting the cake!



Such a fun, family filled weekend. I am so happy that I have such amazing people in my life, and my grandparents as such an amazing example. 



No comments:

Post a Comment