Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars & Dirty Red

Much like when I read Gone Girl, I felt like the universe was telling me to read The Fault In Our Stars. It was all over the place. Finally, when I was buying Dirty Red on my kindle, I saw that The Fault In Our Stars is on sale for only 3.99. I snatched it up real quick, and starting reading it on my way home from Reno on the plane. Unfortunately I had to keep taking breaks because I was crying like a small child and the old woman sitting next to me was getting dangerously close to asking me if I was alright and offering me a tissue.

I finally finished it sitting on the couch while Justin was doing dishes (yea, I'm lucky, I know). He glances over at my sniffling face and rushes over to ask me if I'm ok, with real concern on his face. I told him I was just reading a sad book and told him what it was about. He seemed so confused of why I would want to read about something so sad, but I assured him that it really is an amazing book.


Amazon's Description:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love. 

I actually love this description. I think it is perfect. And I highly recommend this book. It's so good.

Dirty Red is the second book in the Love Me With Lies series, and at 2.99 it is a steal. The Opportunist, that I wrote about last week, was the first.

Dirty Red starts off where The Opportunist left off. And while they have the same characters in them, Dirty Red is from the perspective of a different character. I have heard of other books doing this (the rumored Twilight book told from Edward's perspective... Did that ever come out?) but I had never read one before. I really liked it. It was interesting to read about things that involved both of the characters from two different view points. And the two viewpoints being that of enemies vying for the same male, made it even more interesting!


Amazon's Description:
Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen.

I finished this book so quickly but when it was finished I still had so many questions! I am hoping that the final book; Thief, told from the perspective of the man in this love triangle, will be able to answer all of my questions! I am starting it tonight!

Have any of you read either of these books?
Did you like them?
Do you have any other book recommendations for me?




3 comments:

  1. Dirty Red was so good! I'll have to read the stars book next. Thanks for the idea!

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have literally seem the fault in our stars everywhere! im gonna have to read it lol

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the perfect book for you... The silent wife. It popped up on my goodreads after gone girl and I loved it more! It also has both views of the characters throughout. High recommend. Also I cried like a small child with fault in our stars. So wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete