Monday, October 14, 2013

The Opportunist

My friend Karissa recommended The Opportunist by Taryn Fisher to me a million years ago and I finally got around to reading it on the flight down to Reno. And it was great. I can't believe I waited that long to read it. And I was planning on just getting started and then maybe taking a little nap for part of my flight. But no. I started reading it and just couldn't stop. When we landed in Reno my kindle told me I was 98% finished, so I just sat there as everyone got off the plane and finished the book.


Here is Amazon's description of the book:
Olivia Kaspen is a sharp tongued manipulator used to always getting what she wants. With just one exception-Caleb Drake, the one she foolishly let slip away. After a chance encounter brings Caleb back into her life, Olivia finds herself wanting a second chance with her first love, and asking herself how far she is willing to go to get him back.  Her only problem is a red head named Leah, Caleb's new love. Olivia must fight for what was once hers, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.

I don't really think this is the best description. It makes it seem a little shallow and silly. It doesn't do it justice.

My description:
After royally screwing it up the first time Olivia Kaspen dated Caleb Drake, she gets a second chance when she runs into him again and he doesn't remember her. Caleb was in an accident and was suffering from short term amnesia. Olivia has to decide if she should tell Caleb the truth about their shared past, or relive their relationship while trying to change their ending.

You all should read it and then let me know who's description is better.

Happy reading you all!


1 comment:

  1. Always my favorite day on your blog. Keep it up girl! Love the patio style, got mine all dolled up too! <3

    ReplyDelete