Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Champagne Peach Sorbet

You guys! If you own an ice cream maker or have access to one. You need need need to try this Champagne Peach Sorbet recipe. I originally saw this recipe for Sparkling Peach and Thyme Sorbet over at Eat Yourself Skinny. It sounded yummy but I tweaked it a little bit for me.

Here's what you'll need:

  • 8 medium sized peaches
  • 2 c of water
  • 2/3 c sugar
  • 2 T agave
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 c champagne
  • ice cream maker
  • a bunch of ice (more than my refrigerator could make at once) 
  • ice cream salt


Before you get started, know this: This is quite a lengthy process. I thought I would start it after dinner and have a late night snack. Not so much. It wasn't ready until the next morning. But don't worry. It's worth the wait!

Here's how it's done:

1. First of all you need to peel your peaches. This is also quite the process. I didn't know this until after I bought my peaches but apparently there are two different kinds of peaches and one can easily be peeled and the other is harder. Mine were half and half. Don't ask me how I did this because I do not know. 


Anyway. Boil some water and drop your peaches in there. Let them boil for about 4 minutes. Take them out with a slotted spoon and let them cool. Once you can touch them you should be able to peel them by pinching the skin with a butter knife and your thumb and just pulling it off. It's pretty easy. Unless you got the bad peaches. You can peel these little devils with a potato peeler but you end up taking off some of the meat and its a lot messier. 

2. Now that you have them peeled. Slice the peaches up! Put the peaches in a sauce pan with water and sugar and mix well. 

3. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.


4. Mix in the agave and lemon juice. Then let the mixture cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.

5. Put the mixture in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. 

6. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. 

7. Once the mixture is cooled stir in the champagne. And pour yourself a glass for all your hard work! =)

I had a helper... these aren't both for me. 

8. The mixture is ready to put into your ice cream maker. Follow your ice cream maker's instructions. Mine needed a bunch of ice and salt. It mixed for 40 minutes. Then I had to cover my ice cream and put it in the freezer for 4 hours. 


9. Enjoy!! My only complaint was that it was a tiny bit flakey. But once it sat out for a minute and just barely started to melt it was perfect!! Yum!



Try it out and let me know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! I may have to add ice cream maker to our wedding registry! ha
    Just found your blog, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete