Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Fish Tacos

As promised in my last post I am here to share with you the amazing fish tacos recipe. Seriously it's so good. If you like fish tacos at all please try it and then get back to me about how right I was and how you can't believe you've been living life so far without this recipe.

Also I am going to try to start posting a Tasty recipe that I have tried and love each week on Tuesday! So look forward to that! Ok, here we go.

What you'll need for the fish:

  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 white fish filets (So far I've tried it with Swai and Mahi Mahi and both were amazing. I'm sure tilapia would work well too.)

So combine all of this together in a little bowl and then pour it on to the fish filets in a big dish or pyrex. Move them all around in the juice until they all look evenly coated. Then cover it and put it in the fridge while we make the yummy sauce.

What you'll need for the yummy sauce:

  • 1 large avocado
  • 1/4 c plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 c roughly cut cilantro (I washed mine and then cut it straight into a measuring cup with my big kitchen scissors.) 
  • 1 jalapeño (You could do more or less of this depending on how spicy you like things.)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 c water

Put all of this in a food processor or blender and process it until it is smooth and creamy and the jalapeño and cilantro are just little specs. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and put in the fridge to chill while you cook the fish!

I used my best non stick pan and cooked the fish on medium heat. I flipped them over once after about 4-5 minutes. Once the fish it flakey and cooked through I cut the fish into fourths so it would be easier to serve.

Other things you'll need:

  • warmed tortillas (I used the little flour ones and that was my favorite but Justin liked corn better. 
  • broccoli/cabbage slaw
  • lime wedges
  • diced tomato
  • shredded cheese

And any other type of taco garnish you would like.

Assemble your tacos and you're done!

This has become a favorite in this home and it is so easy to do!

Try it out and let me know what you think!


P.S. Sorry there are no pictures! I wasn't planning on posting today but it's Tuesday and I had gotten a couple of request for the recipe so here it is without pictures! The next time I make it (probably next week) I'll take pictures and come back and add them! 

P.P.S. Did you notice my blog's facelift? What do you think?!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks so cute! can't wait to try out your fancy fish tacos. I need to be a better wife and make my poor husband a REAL meal on occassion. love ya blog friend :)

    karissa
    http://kandkshaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete