Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 22: A rant

Day 22 for the Blog Every Day in May challenge is to rant about something. If you know me you might know where this is going.... I promise I do not mean to offend anyone by going off on this little rant. This pet peeve of mine is a big one... it honestly makes me cringe just thinking about it.

One of my biggest pet peeves is children who run wild or have fits in public. It drives me absolutely nuts. As a teacher I get a first hand look into how many people there are out there that don't (in my opinion) discipline their children. And there are way. too. many. But really the big thing that gets me... when kids are crying in public. What do I mean exactly, you ask?

Ok, I'm at a restaurant having dinner and a child starts having a giant fit and screaming. Really people?! Just because your child cant control an outing at a restaurant does not mean that I should not be able to enjoy my night! Please get a baby sitter. Please. You would probably enjoy your night a whole lot more without a screaming child as well.

Here's another great example: The other day I was at the grocery store and there is a small child crying, no not crying, screaming bloody murder in the seat of the cart. What is the mother doing? Looking around mortified at how their child is acting? Trying to sooth them? Getting them the flip out of that store? Nope. Just talking on the phone, finishing up her shopping. Are you kidding me?! What in the heck are you thinking?! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids. Seriously I do. I just do not enjoy them when they are screaming in public.

My family always teases me about this. They say I'll feel differently once I have kids of my own. They say you cant control when your kid is going to have a meltdown, you just have to deal with it sometimes. But I'm sure as heck going to try my best. And if I end up having a child that has meltdowns in public often, I promise I will issue a public apology. And be very embarrassed. OK... thats the end. Rant over.


4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gee. I totally agree with this word. I hate this. Control your kids people!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, its the WORST right?! Glad someone agrees! =)

      Delete
  2. hahaha same here. I will normally give someone two or three minutes to take care of it, but after that I get beyond annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to this post via your other pet peeves post, and oh my gosh. I 198% agree with you. I work in a doctors office and I hate with people bring in their misbehaving children. There's a reason I don't work in a daycare, so I don't have to listen to the throw down blood curdling fits they throw. My best friend is a music teacher for 1st through 5th and she thinks I'm crazy.. lol

    spielitsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete