Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7: I am afraid of...

We're on Day 7! A whole weeks worth of blogging! For this post two things came to mind that I am really afraid of. The first one is kind of silly and I think maybe Hollywood has even put this as a possibility into my brain.... but I'm really afraid of the idea of needing help from the police or the government and then they end up being in on it or against you too. Ok... written out it does seem a little silly, but that is so much scarier to me then any gory, serial killer, scary movie. I don't have any idea why.

The other thing is a little more personal. I am so so afraid that I won't be able to have children when Justin and I start to try to get pregnant. I have never been told that it might be difficult, and I don't have any problems in this area with my family, it's just this immense fear I have. I know some people that have really struggled with this and I see the pain that they are going through and it absolutely terrifies me. There is nothing I want more, nothing that I think I will be better at, than being a mother. TV shows, movies, books, stories on blogs, a story about a person I don't even know, can bring me to tears in a second if it's about not being able to have kids.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. And I know God has a plan for me. I hope that if I am able to have children that I am able to remember this fear and be even more appreciative, and love them even more because of it... if that's even possible. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Stumbled across your blog from the blog every day in may challenge. I have the same fear about not having children. I too have never been told I can't, but I worry about it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a weird feeling! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this irrational fear!

      Delete