Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2: Something I'm Good At


Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.

The thing that I really think I'm good at is teaching. I love my job so much, and I love all of the kids that I work with, and I really do believe it's what I was meant to do. But that's about all I could share with you guys without either boring you, or breaking some confidentiality rules. 

So then I thought I'd write about doing my nails. I'm not super amazing at this but it's kind of a hobby. Ironically my nails look awful right now so I can't show you pictures of my nails, it would be embarrassing. So instead I'm just going to tell you some of my favorite nail tricks. 

1. Try ombre nails. It's so fun and super easy. Much easier then you would anticipate. Grab one of those spongy make up wedges. Put two or more different colors on the sponge. Just a few drops. You want the colors right next to each other but not touching. Then you just dab straight up and down until you get he desired ombre effect. The more you dab the more smeary looking it will get. Then you can easily clean up around the edges with a Qtip if you need to.

These aren't my nails. It's just a good picture of the ombre effect!
2. Add a Party Nail, also known as a Pretty Little Liars Nail by some. This is one of my favorite things. It totally takes your manicure from pretty to fabulous. Use a contrasting color, glitter, maybe nail art. It's so easy and fun!




3. If you like doing your nails you've probably gotten a gel manicure before. If you're like me you love it but do not love the cost. I have been experimenting with ways to get this awesome manicure at home. I wouldn't say its quite as great but this method is a really close second. 

Make sure to let each layer dry really well.
4. And when I just need to do my nails quickly, and want them to look good, I really like to use Sally Hansen Salon Manicure. Don't get me wrong, I love my OPI and my essie polishes too but this is another must have. It has a great brush, it goes on really well, and it doesn't chip. I love it.

My Favorite color is Shall We Dance?

Ok people, hopefully you can get something out of this post! Happy painting! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment