Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 25: God Doesn't Make Junk

Todays blog challenge is: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget

I've been putting off writing this post all day because I keep thinking I'm going to be hit with something great... but I've got nothing.

Instead I'll go with this...

Justin and I are in the process of going through our premarital counseling (I guess you could call it) with our priest in preperation for our wedding day. (Which is 35 days away, in case you are wondering!) A few weeks ago the topic for our meeting was God doesn't make junk. Simple enough right? We talked about how we needed to remember that God created us and that he didn't mess anything up. We are who we are on purpose and the sooner we can accept that and love ourselves completely, the sooner our partners will be able to love us completely.

This really stuck with me. I don't think that I have a super negative self image, but I have doubts about myself and insecurities. Like we all do (right?!). But now when I think about those things, I try to remember that God created me perfectly, and God doesn't make junk. I think it's a pretty great self esteem booster! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment